WHY AM I NOT REAPING?
I was recently reading a poem that emphasized the benefit of planting and reaping. The poem reminded me of one of my childhood stories.
As a young girl, my parents gave us all some corn seeds, and a portion of our garden space to plant our seeds. The idea was that each person should take responsibility for their own portion. We all had gardening time. One thing I’ve never forgotten is the fact that my brother never took his gardening time serious, rather than watering and monitoring his garden spot, he spent time walking round our own garden spots and chatting with the rest of us. When it was time for harvest, my sisters and I had a healthy proportional harvest, whereas my brother had nothing to reap. He wasn’t happy about it, but my dad took time to teach him that no one ever reaps if they do not sow. That is a principle of life.
So, to the poem that reminded me of the story……
* If you plant honesty, you will reap trust.
* If you plant goodness, you will reap friends.
* If you plant humility, you will reap greatness.
* If you plant perseverance, you will reap contentment.
* If you plant consideration, you will reap perspective.
* If you plant hard work, you will reap success.
* If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation.
* If you plant faith in God , you will reap a harvest.
Planting always leads to reaping. So if for any reason you do not reap, always take time to look at your sowing/planting activity.
Lastly, God’s word also says
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
Reaping always follows planting. So take time to plant, water and watch your seed so that you can reap the reward you desire.
God is on your side!